Sock drawer filling up with MJs?! Our VIPs receive brand new MJs every month; an absolute treat for your feet, and all for just £9.99 / month (more info here). After a few months the colour will be bursting out of your sock drawers from these fine, hand-linked British socks. How is it best to store them? One tip is to use MJ’s gift boxes – they’re great in chunky drawers for keeping things in order. But they do arrive full of socks… so, we’ve reviewed our favourite organisers and dividers. No more rummaging for your favourite pair of Henley MJs behind some old boxers!
5. ‘Onever’ foldable storage; great value set of 2 that also folds flat when not it use.
4. Classic Ikea drawer organisers: a useful set with a range of sizes. Whether you like to store your MJs wrapped, flat, or stacked, there’s a space for them in here.
3. Acrylic ‘interdesign’ system. Most dividers come above the height of the socks; these are different. At only 5.5cm height, lines of rolled MJs will fill the space and cover the clear acrylic dividers to give a great look, uninterrupted by visible dividers!
2. 18 slot honeycomb divider, with a bespoke fit to your drawers. An interesting shape that is super efficient; no bulky dividers means more room for your socks.
1. In the number one spot is the Kenather Drawer Divider: 8 cells, holding 16 pairs of MJs. The fabric is moth-proof, mould-proof and moisture-proof. The integral lid stays shut with velcro to keep the dust out. Treat your MJs to a little bit of sock-drawer luxury!
Fresher’s Club is a new British menswear brand. The Shoreditch Heritcage Polo is the staple of their range: bold block contrasts and strong lines. It’s a classic preppy style with some good attention to detail; buttons nicely concealed, scooped back for a useful little extra length. We also appreciated the comfort that comes from the low profile (and really soft) wash/care labels – you don’t even know they’re there, which is how it should be.
Importantly, Fresher’s Club’s range is entirely made in Britain – a fact proudly announced on their polo.
We are delighted to announce that Marko John’s Socks are now available in PUG, Stow on the Wold, for a limited period of time. PUG stands for Pop Up Gallery. Their site is here: http://www.pugonthesquare.co.uk The shop is a fantastic space, regularly graced by beautiful things proudly made in Britain:
“P.U.G. ON THE SQUARE is an exciting new retail concept in one of the Cotswold’s most attractive market towns – Stow-on-the-Wold.
P.U.G. is dedicated to promoting and selling Pretty, Useful Goodies designed and made by local Cotswold or British craftsmen and women. It is ever-changing with new collections arriving every few weeks and takes the form of a year-round programme.”
But, one of the best things about wearing sandals is taking them off & pulling on a fresh pair of MJs. Feels. So. Good. Particularly early in the summer when feet are soft from being tucked away all winter.
The only thing I’m not sure about is which of these is better: pulling MJs onto feet tired from skiing all day, or pulling MJs onto feet that have been in sandals all day…
Last summer a World Challenge group from Lawrence Sheriff School spent a month in Uganda. They all wore Uganda MJs, and took extra pairs with them to give away as thank-you presents. Going on something similar? Please let us know! They kindly sent us some stunning photos of their trip (all photos courtesy of, and copyright James Riley).
Guess the correct score for this Saturday’s 6 Nations match between England and Italy at Twickenham, and win a pair of MJs.
As it’s tough to get the score exactly right we’ll also give you a £2 MJs gift voucher if you get the margin right! For example, if you predict England 50 – Italy 5, but the actual score is England 55 – Italy 10, we’ll send you a £2 voucher!
To enter, just tell us your prediction (before kick off):